Sunday, May 23, 2010

Delight

"I have this theory that chocolate slows down the ageing process
.... It may not be true, but do I dare take the chance?" - Unknown



Now that is a sentiment I can get behind. Or as one of my most favourite cartoon characters, Lucy Van Pelt from the Peanuts gang would say "All I really need is love...but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!" Most recently I was lucky enough to have a gift package of chocolate nirvana from Delight bestowed upon me as a thank you for participating in a panel discussion at a conference. Talk about a good taste thank you gift.

Delight is just that, a delight. This small little chocolate pocket tucked quietly away in the Junction on Dundas St. W. opened up a couple of years ago. I have frequented the shop on many occasion as it is not far from my work hood. They bake brownies fresh daily and when you walk through the door only to be greeted with the wafting scent of baking brownies it is easy to be seduced by the shop.

The proprietors at Delight take great pride in using only fair trade ingredients including Harmony Organic Cream and chocolate from La Siembra. The end results speak for themselves. The truffles are like butter in their consistency. It is melt in your mouth ambrosia at its very best.

There are a few seats in the shop so you can sit and enjoy a hot chocolate and double dose your chocolate desires with a warm brownie. Organic ice cream is also available, served up in handmade waffle cones. If you find yourself venturing out this way then I would encourage to stop in and treat yourself. As usual...my pic crazed self has pasted up a shot of those truffles. Be prepared to salivate.

No comments:

Post a Comment